WHAT WE DO
The Campus Life unit consists of the Department of Residence, ISU Dining and the Memorial Union. Founded in November 2020, the Campus Life DEI office provides leadership related to DEI in the following ways:
- Provide DEI consultation services to the units within Campus Life, offering comprehensive Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) trainings, educational, and developmental opportunities.
- Offer programming opportunities that aim to elevate the community’s awareness, understanding, and appreciation of all forms of Diversity within the University and society, overall.
- Provide programming, consultation, and support on efforts focused on the recruitment, retention, holistic success and development, sense of community/belonging and graduation of staff and students, including those from underrepresented and marginalized students.
- Work to ensure our students, staff, customers and visitors served by Campus Life units have an amazing experience that, regardless how they identify, they feel valued, respected, and appreciated while in our facilities and communities.
- Collaborate and partner with campus and community partners on initiatives that aim to fulfill the University’s Principles of Community; specifically, as it relates to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and to address issues as it relates to campus climate, bias, and all forms of discrimination and harassment.