What we do at ISU Dining
The Food Safety and Quality Assurance team helps to ensure that ISU Dining facilities meet the highest standards when it comes to serving the Iowa State community safe and healthy food. The department is designed to meet the specific needs by giving each ISU Dining location the proper tools they need to meet food safety regulations and requirements. Assistance is also provided for any urgent food safety matters on campus.
Meet our team
Tori Tafoya, Quality Assurance Specialist II
- Manages claims regarding food and workplace safety,
- Food quality
- Customer service
- Employee training
- Customer and Employee Satisfaction
Tori is married and has four children: three sons and one daughter. In her free time, Tori enjoys going to the beach, gardening, reading, traveling, and drinking coffee.
Alex Thomas, Quality Assurance Specialist I
- Develops and maintains formal onboarding processes
- Analyze and implement procedures based on new employees experiences.
Alex is the mother of a two year old girl named Ruby and hanging out with her is her favorite thing to do in her free time. She also enjoys reading, cuddling her cats, and anything involving water
Meet our Student Team
- Senior studying Management Information Systems
- Junior studying Food Science
- Junior studying Animal Science
- Senior studying Culinary Food Science with a minor in Beverage Management