STUDENT STAFF PAY INCREASE
Effective October 1, 2021
ISU Dining intends to attract and retain qualified employees by maintaining a competitive wage in order to provide quality cuisine and exceptional customer service for our guests.
PAY RATE FOR ALL DINING LOCATIONS
Begins October 1, 2021
|Dining Service Regular||$13.00||$13.50||$14.00|
|Dining Service Supervisor/Scheduler||$14.50||$15.00||$15.50|
|Dining Service Assistant Mgr/Coordinator||$18.00||$18.50||NA|
This wage increase comes at a time when the two separate pay scales will be combined into one simplified scale for all student workers. Most student employees at the Bakery, Catering and Food Stores will notice a $1 increase with this transition into the new pay plan.
- You are a student employee at a dining center or retail location currently at $11/hr you now will make $13/hr
- You are a student employee at the Bakery or Catering currently at $12/hr, you now will make $13/hr
Please note the transition time will be the first week of October but all wage increases will be retroactive and begin October 1, 2021.
- Student employees must work 480 hours to be eligible for a wage increase. A second step increase will be earned when a student employee reaches 640 hours worked. The wage increase will take place at the beginning of the next pay period.
- When a student worker is promoted to a student supervisor or student assistant manager, hours worked toward the next pay raise will also reset to zero. Therefore, all newly promoted employees will start at the beginning of the pay scale (see chart) regardless of how many hours they have worked for ISU Dining. Student supervisors will be paid their normal supervisor pay regardless of what duties they are assigned.
- Student Assistant Managers will receive a one-step increase after working 480 hours.
QUESTIONS? REACH OUT TO DSSO
Phone number: 515-294-4864