Any student who purchases a Meal Plan, Block, and/or Dining Dollars enters into a legally binding contract with ISU Dining. Along with the terms below, the 2021-22 Housing Contract Terms and Conditions, the ISU Dining website, and the University Policy library are included in the contract. It is the student’s responsibility to become familiar with all provisions of this contract.
Meal Plan Eligibility and Requirements
ISU Dining will use your University issued ID number to access your University balance, your registrations status, and your in-term address to determine your eligibility for and the requirement to purchase Meal Plans, Blocks, and Dining Dollars.
To be eligible to purchase a Meal Plan, Block, and/or Dining Dollars, students must be in good financial standing with ISU and:
- assigned to on-campus housing,
- enrolled as a student at ISU, or
- enrolled in the Admissions Partnership Program.
ISU Staff members who wish to participate in the ISU Dining program should visit our Staff Charge Plan.
- Required Areas – First year Residents assigned to Birch-Welch-Roberts, Barton-Lyon-Freeman, Maple-Willow-Larch, Friley, Helser, Eaton, Martin, Buchanan, or Geoffroy halls are required to select either a Cardinal, Cyclone, Cardinal, Gold, or CyFlex meal plan.
- Residents who do not make their own selection will be given the Cardinal plan.
- Voluntary Areas – Off-campus students assigned to Frederiksen Court, Legacy, or Schilletter and University Villages are not required to contract for a meal plan.
- Students in these locations may choose to purchase any Meal Plan, Block, and/or Dining Dollars amount.
- Returning Resident Hall Students – Returning students who live in the required meal areas can select the Silver and Bronze plans along with the Cardinal, Cyclone, Gold, and CyFlex.
|Fall 2021 Dates TBA||Event|
|Fall dining options available for selection in StarRez|
|Any plan can be changed for full credit, including Dining Dollars|
|Residents of required areas who have not chosen a meal plan will be given the Cardinal Plan|
|August 27, 2021||Fall meal plan change / cancel deadline – after this date, no reductions can be made to meal plans, Blocks or Dining Dollars for the remainder of the semester.|
|Last day to receive a refund for fall if changing assignments or leaving ISU|
|November 20 – 27, 2021||Thanksgiving Break – certain dining centers are closed. Check hours for retail location availability.|
|December 17, 2021||Fall Meal service ends with dinner. All unused meals on CyFlex, Gold, Silver and Bronze plans expire. Unused Block Meals and Dining Dollars roll over for use during the spring semester.|
|Spring 2022 Dates||Event|
|TBA||Spring dining options available for selection|
|Any spring dining option can be changed for full credit, including Dining Dollars|
|New spring residents in required areas who have not chosen a plan will be given the Cardinal plan.|
|January 14, 2022||Spring plans become active and Spring Dining Dollars are issued.|
|The meal portion of a plan can be changed. There is no refund of Dining Dollars after this date.|
|January 21, 2022||Spring meal plan change / cancel deadline – after this date, no reductions can be made to meal plans, Blocks or Dining Dollars for the remainder of the semester.|
|Last day to receive a refund for spring if changing assignments or leaving ISU.|
|May 14, 2022||Spring meal service ends with dinner. All unused meals on CyFlex, Gold, Silver and Bronze plans expire. All Blocks expire. All Dining Dollars expire.|