Requirements, Eligibility, and Deadlines
Any student who purchases a Meal Plan, Block, and/or Dining Dollars enters into a legally binding contract with ISU Dining. Along with the terms below, the 2023-24 ISU Dining Contract Terms and Conditions, the ISU Dining website, and the University Policy library are included in the contract. It is the student’s responsibility to become familiar with all provisions of this contract.
Meal Plan Eligibility and Requirements
ISU Dining will use your University issued ID number to access your University balance, your registrations status, and your in-term address to determine your eligibility for and the requirement to purchase Meal Plans, Blocks, and Dining Dollars.
To be eligible to purchase a Meal Plan, Block, and/or Dining Dollars, students must be in good financial standing with ISU and:
- enrolled as a student at ISU, or
- enrolled in the Admissions Partnership Program.
ISU Staff members who wish to participate in the ISU Dining program should visit our Staff Charge Plan.
- Required Areas – First year Residents assigned to Birch-Welch-Roberts, Barton-Lyon-Freeman, Oak-Elm, Maple-Willow-Larch, Friley, Helser, Eaton, Martin, Buchanan, or Geoffroy halls are required to select either the Cardinal or Gold meal plan.
- Residents who do not make their own selection will be given the Cardinal plan.
- Voluntary Areas
- Off-campus students assigned to Frederiksen Court, or Schilletter and University Villages are not required to contract for a meal plan.
- On-campus residents living in Linden or Wallace Hall will not have a meal plan requirement.
- Students in these locations may choose to purchase any Meal Plan, Block, and/or Dining Dollars amount.
- Returning Resident Hall Students – Returning students who live in the required meal areas can choose the Cardinal, Gold, or Campanile plan.
|Fall 2023 Dates||Event|
|June 1||Fall dining options available for selection within Housing/Dining Portal.|
|July 24||Residents of required areas who have not chosen a meal plan will be given the Cardinal Plan|
|Week of July 24||Fall fees assessed|
|Aug. 15||Meal Plans / Dining Dollars available for use.|
|Aug. 17||Contract begin date.|
|Aug. 21||Classes begin.
|Aug. 25||Fall meal plan change / cancel deadline
|Nov. 18 – 25||Thanksgiving Break – certain dining centers are closed. Check hours for retail location availability.|
|Dec. 2||Last day to receive a refund for fall if changing assignments or leaving ISU.
|Dec. 16||Fall Term Ends
|Spring 2024 Dates||Event|
|November 27||Spring dining options available for selection within Housing/Dining Portal.|
|December 18||Residents newly assigned to required areas who have not chosen a meal plan will be given the Cardinal Plan.|
|December 18||Spring fees assessed.|
|Jan. 12||Last day to change to meal plans, blocks or dining dollars for full credit.|
|Jan. 12||Contract begin date.
Meal Plans / Dining Dollars available for use.
|Jan. 16||Classes begin.|
|Jan. 19||Spring meal plan change / cancel deadline.
|Mar. 9-16||Spring Break – certain dining centers are closed. Check hours for retail location availability.|
|April 27||Last day to receive a refund for fall if changing assignments or leaving ISU.
|May 11 2024||Spring term ends.
All unused meals and dining dollars expire.