ISU Dining is offering a Fall 2023 fundraising opportunity for non-profit and student organizations to assist in our dining locations.
We are looking for local, civic, community, school and other non-profit organizations who would like to fundraise for their organizations. Please find more information below, about how to raise $ for your non-profit group and cause.
Expected duties could include serving meals, restocking serving lines, dining room service, dish washing, and cleaning, all involve standing, lifting, and moving around for the entire three or four-hour work shift. No cooking will be required of workers. The wage of $13 per hour/worker will be transferred into your ISU student group fund each pay period. Length of commitment is negotiable, to be determined as the semester progresses, potentially through the fall semester.
Options to choose from:
- Lunch at Union Drive Marketplace Dining Center (UDM) inside the UDCC
- Monday through Friday Lunch shifts from 10:45 am – 2 pm
- Central Bakery, located south of campus, past Welch Avenue in the Knapp Storms Dining Complex, next to the Wallace Wilson dorms (by Mortensen). Tasks could include counting, prepping, cookies, desserts, or breads. Cleaning and dish room tasks.
- 8 – 11 am (Monday-Friday and Sundays)
- Dinner at Seasons Marketplace Dining Center (Maple Willow Larch area)
- Monday through Friday Dinner shifts from 4:15 – 7 pm
- Football Saturdays assist at Seasons Marketplace Dining Center, based off home Football schedule, assistance needs are prior to or following games – To Be Determined.
- Sept 2; kickoff is 1 pm; Fundraising shift would be arranged.
- Sept 9; kickoff is 2:30; Fundraising shift would be arranged.
- Sept 23; kickoff TBD
- Oct 7; kickoff TBD
- Nov 4; kickoff TBD
Each team would ideally consist of one Team Leader and four members (5 total workers). A leader must be present for each shift worked. A team may have several team leaders sharing the responsibility. Team members may also rotate or be different workers each day. All workers must be at least 18 years of age.
The required uniform is simple and comfortable, consisting of a solid-colored t-shirt or an ISU t-shirt, full length blue jeans (no capris), and comfortable shoes such as athletic shoes (no sandals or exposed leg or foot from the knee down). Hair restraints, aprons, etc. will be supplied by the work location.
$13.00 per hour, per group member, paid directly to your organization. One free complimentary meal per team member or worker will be provided for each shift worked. Please arrive 30-60 minutes prior to shift start time to enjoy the complimentary meal.
Contract, Liability Waiver, Illness Agreement
Organizational agreement/contract is signed by a Leader from your organization. Waiver of liability and agreement to report illness would be required by each worker.
This offer is only available to non-profit, civic, and other charitable groups. Individuals, businesses, and for-profit organizations are not eligible. A limited number of groups will be able to work each area.
I am happy to meet with you to talk about the opportunities. It is a very simple, easy fundraiser.
We hope to hear from you soon and we thank you for your interest.
Student Services Specialist
Iowa State University – Dining Student Staffing Office
168 Union Drive Community Center (UDCC)