What are dining centers?
- Our dining centers are all-you-care-to-dine. Think of them as your favorite buffet but without the tips or taxes.
- There are four on campus and they are Friley Windows(Friley Hall) Union Drive Marketplace(UDCC), Seasons Marketplace(Maple-Willow-Larch), and Conversations(Oak-Elm).
Which dining centers can I use?
- You can use any of them! Depending on where you live might help you determine which ones you might frequent more. Friley Windows and UDM are located on the west side of campus and Seasons Marketplace and Conversations are located on the east side of campus.
How do I get into the dining centers?
- You can swipe into the dining centers by either handing your ISU Card to the greeter or by scanning the GET Mobile app at the greeter stand. If you do not have a meal plan, you can pay at the greeter stand with cash or a credit/debit card.
Can I take a t0-go meal from a dining center?
- While we do not offer a to-go meal from our four dining center locations, we do have a to-go option located in UDCC that utilizes a dining center meal swipes.
- GET & GO in UDCC offers a variety of menu items to choose from. Select an entree, two sides, and a drink up to 10 times per week!
- Go to your GET Mobile app and order ahead. For more information about the GET Mobile app click here
- You may take one piece of fruit and/or one dessert or coffee in a personal travel mug from the dining centers.
What are required meal plans?
- Meal plans are convenient, flexible, and loaded with options. Your meal plan gets you access to 20+ dining locations all across campus with a range of menus and offerings. You’ll get guaranteed value, whether you eat on campus three times a week or three times a day! We’ve got you covered.
- Learn more about meal plans
How do I know if I have to have a meal plan?
- If you’re a first-year student living in Oak-Elm, Birch-Welch-Roberts, Barton-Lyon-Freeman, Maple, Willow, Larch, Geoffroy, Buchanan, Eaton, Martin, Helser or Friley Halls.
- Here are plans to choose from.
When do meal plans start and stop?
Can I change my meal plan?
- You can upgrade your meal plan at any time. Please see our website for specific deadlines per semester. Changes can be made using StarRez.
What happens if I run out of meal swipes?
- If you run out of meal swipes, you can upgrade to an unlimited plan or purchase a block plan or additional Dining Dollars at any time. Purchases can be made online here.
What are Flex Meals?
- For convenience, you can use meals as Flex Meals in all retail locations when you need a meal on the go. Your swipe is worth a designated amount and can be used to buy prepared food, fountain drinks and coffee/hot tea. Convenience items like bottled beverages, pre-packaged snacks, and non-food/drink items can’t be purchased using a Flex Meal.
- If you’re unsure if the items you selected count toward your Flex Meal, just ask our employees and we will be glad to help you.
What is the Dollar Value of a Flex Meal?
- The dollar amount varies depending on each plan, but you want to get to as close as possible to the predetermined dollar amount without going over to maximize your flex meal.
- Learn the dollar value of each plan here.
How do I use a Flex Meal?
- When paying, just tell the greeter or cashier that you would like to use a Flex Meal.
What if I spend over the dollar value of my Flex Meal?
- The cashier will alert you of spending over the dollar amount of your Flex Meal if you go over. They will ask how you want to pay the remaining balance.
- You can pay the difference with Dining Dollars, Cy Cash, cash or credit. If you spend under the value, no refunds will be given.
What does it mean when you say “Retail” locations?
- These are basically every location other than dining centers. These include our fast-casual restaurants, cafes, and our c-stores.
- You will use your dining dollars or Flex Meals in these locations if you are on a meal plan.
Can I use my meal plan at Panda Express in the Memorial Union?
- Dining Dollars can be used at Panda Express in the Memorial Union. Flex meals and meal swipes are not accepted at this location.
What are dining dollars?
- These spend dollar for dollar at any of our locations and are great when you need a study snack at 1 a.m. Cy Flex, Cyclone, Cardinal, Gold, Silver and Bronze all come with Dining Dollars. They can be added to any plan if you run short!
- Not on a meal plan? You can just buy Dining Dollars so you know you have money set aside for food. All Dining Dollars expire at the end of the spring semester.
What dining options and information is available to me if I have a food allergy or special diet needs?
- We’re committed to offering food options that meet the needs of students on special/restricted diets. Reasonable accommodations are available to meet the needs of eligible students.
- Please see our accommodations page
Can I pay for a Guest using my meal plan?
- Yes you can! Flex Meals and dining dollars can also be used at our dining centers for meal plan holders and their guests. Stop by, swipe and eat whatever you’d like to get the best value in an all-you-care-to-dine setting.
How do I keep track of all of my meals?
- You can check your meal plan balances anytime on AccessPlus or by using the GET Mobile app. GET Mobile not only shows your balances, but you can also order online at several of our locations. Click here to log on to see your Flex Meals balance. You will need your Net ID and password to access your Flex Meals balance.
What is the GET Mobile App? Do I need it?
- You can scan into locations and pay without using your ISU Card(works with any meal plan).
- Order from multiple locations and skip the lines!
- Check your meal plan balances
- Load your credit card directly to the app and have an easier way to pay for the items you want!
- Must use this app if you are ordering GET & Go dining center meals.
- Download the app here.
Can I purchase a meal plan if I live off-campus?
- Yes. Off-campus students may select from any of the residence hall plans or create their own meal plan by purchasing meal blocks and Dining Dollars.
Can I eat in the Dining Centers or retail locations if I don’t have a meal plan?
- Yes. All of our locations are open to the public. If you do not have a meal plan, you can use cash, credit, or debit to pay in any residential or retail location.